Server Sync: Introduction
Server Sync allows you to copy all the data from all the sites from an origin server to a destination/target server.
This is a premium function that requires an add-on for WPCloudDeploy.
Once you have obtained the add-on, just install and activate it like you would any other plugin. Note that like all the WPCloudDeploy plugins, you should NOT network activate it.
- Your DESTINATION server (the backup server) must be a fresh WPCD server with no sites or other operations performed on it.
- If you have installed the CALLBACK functions on the Destination server you should remove them.
- Your DESTINATION server must have a root login. This means that it cannot be an EC2, LIGHTSAIL, ALIBABA, AZURE or GCP server.
How To Set Up Server Sync Between Two Servers
- Go to the SERVER SYNC tab on your DESTINATION server (i.e.: the backup server that will be storing the sites from the primary server.)
- In the SOURCE SERVERS drop-down select the primary server (i.e.: the server that is the live server)
- Set an interval time. Recommended no less than 60 minutes. For larger sites / servers increase the time so that there is no risk of overlap between sync attempts.
- Click the START SETUP button.
If you get an AJAX error, try the operation again. If you get an AJAX error more than once then contact our support team for assistance.
Configuration After Pairing Servers
After two servers have been paired, you need to make sure that you install your object cache service on the destination server if it’s also installed on the origin.
More Topics In Server Sync