DNS Integration: CloudFlare
WPCD includes simple integration with CloudFlare that include the following features:
- Automatically create temporary domains and register them with the CloudFlare DNS service
- Automatically delete the temporary domain when the site is deleted
- Automatically issue SSL certificates with LetsEncrypt for temporary domains registered with CloudFlare
To set this up:
- Go to WPCloudDeploy -> SETTINGS -> APP: WordPress Settings -> DNS INTEGRATION: CLOUDFLARE
- Enter the root of your temporary domain (eg: temp.com) – this MUST be registered on cloudflare and can be a maximum of 19 characters including the extension. You cannot use a subdomain such as temp.mydomain.com.
- Click the ENABLE CLOUDFLARE AUTO DNS checkbox
- Obtain your ZoneID for the domain from your CloudFlare dashboard and enter it into the ZONE ID field
- Get an API SECURITY TOKEN from your CloudFlare account and enter it into the API SECURITY TOKEN field – make sure this token has access to the domain!
- Turn on the options for AUTO DELETE, AUTO SSL and CLOUDFLARE PROXY as needed.
- Click the SAVE SETTINGS button.
Now, when you create a new WordPress site, a temporary domain will automatically be entered into the DOMAIN field.
If you have a high volume of sites being created every week and you turn on AUTO SSL, you might run into SSL limits with LetsEncrypt – you can only issue 50 certificates for a domain in a 7 day period. Learn more on the LetsEncrypt Limits Page.