Roles and Capabilities
Access to menus are based on WordPress CAPABILITIES.
We provide the following capabilities:
- wpcd_provision_servers: Has the ability to create a new server
- wpcd_manage_servers: Has access to the servers menu item
- wpcd_manage_apps: Has access to the apps menu item
- wpcd_manage_logs: Has access to the logs menu items
- wpcd_manage_settings: Has access to the settings menu
- wpcd_manage_groups: Has access to the server groups and app groups menus
- wpcd_manage_teams: Has access to the teams menu.
- wpcd_manage_all: Has access to all menu items.
When the plugin is first installed, we add the following roles that utilize these capabilities:
- WPCDAdmin: has all WPCD capabilities listed above plus those of the core WP Author role
- WPCDManager: has all WPCD capabilities listed above except wpcd_manage_teams. It also includes those of the core WP Author role
- WPCDSysAdmin: Has wpcd_manage_servers and wpcd_manage_apps capabilities plus those of the core WP subscriber role.
- WPCDAppManager: Has wpcd_manage_apps capability only plus those of the core WP subscriber role.
Just in case it’s not clear = most ROLES only control whether or not a user can even access a WPCD menu item (such as servers or sites).
Once a user is allowed to see a WPCD menu item (eg: servers) because they’ve been assigned a suitable role (or WP capability), then the TEAMS logic and rules take over to determine who can actually view individual servers and sites. The only exceptions to this are:
- A WP ADMIN is allowed to view all servers and sites and
- The author set on the server or site post is always allowed to see the server or site.
More Topics In Teams and Security