Bring Your Own Server (Custom Server)
The Bring Your Own Server (aka Custom Server) add-on lets you connect any server that meet our simple requirements to the WPCD dashboard.
This allows you to use servers on cloud services where we do not have a direct api connection. It also allows you to use bare-metal servers.
Your custom server must meet the following requirements:
- Have a basic installation of Ubuntu 20.04 LTS or 22.04 LTS (no other software such as nginx, php etc. should be installed.)
- The “root” user must have an SSH key-pair installed and you should be in possession of the related private key.
- The server must be publicly accessible across the internet and you must know its public IP.
- It must have its SSH port open (port 22)
- HTTP and HTTPS ports (80 and 443 respectively) must be opened as well.
WPCloudDeploy 5.3.0 or later is required to use this add-on.