The latest release of our add-on that allows you to sell site subscriptions with WooCommerce is all about flexibility in handling template sites and providing new options on checkout
User Registration On New Template Sites
The metabox for designating template sites has been expanded from a single checkbox to a multi-option primary metabox.
When you create a new site from a template site you can now decide how to handle the customer registration in the new site. You have three options:
- Never add the customer (not sure why you would want to do this but it’s an option)
- Add the customer as a new admin
- Change one of the existing admins in the template to use the customers email address and password (user name will not change)
Additionally, we now change the global site admin address to the customers’ email address.
New Checkout Options
You can now ask for a subdomain name and a user password when checking out.
There are two places you can ask for these new fields:
- In the product page, just before the product is added to the cart.
- On the payment page
In The Product Page
On the Checkout Page
Add the WooCommerce order id and subscription ids to the site list:
Fixes & Tweaks (From v.4.2 & v1.4.1)
- Tweak: When a site is cloned, make sure that the new site has the WC order and subscription ids from the original site.
- Tweak: When a site is pushed to staging, make sure that the new site has the WC order and subscription ids from the original site.
- Fix: A logic flaw when updating the number of sites a user is allowed to have.
With this release, it’s much easier to implement a few common scenarios involving template sites. It requires WPCD Core 4.15 (a fast-ring release). You can download both plugins from your WPCloudDeploy account on this site.
Was This Article Useful? Or do you have questions or comments about it (or our products & services)? We'd love to hear from you!
Automatic Notification Of New Articles
Sign up to get automatic notifications of new articles. This is a different list than our standard list - you only get new articles once a week (usually on Mondays). No other emails will be sent unless you sign up for our general list as well.
Follow us on Twitter! We post a lot of cool things there first. To keep up, click the "X" below!