One of our customers have a lot of clients who use IonCube. But, right now that is not something you can install from the WPCD console. So, they took it upon themselves to create a BASH script of their own to install it on top of our stack. Then, they graciously offered to share it with our community!
Here is the script:
To use this script you first need to create it on your server:
- Log into your server via SSH.
- Create the script file or upload a text file containing the script.
- If you are creating it directly on the server, the easiest editor to use is the NANO editor.
- If you are uploading it, make sure you run the dos2unix utility on it to ensure it has the correct line endings.
- Run the script on the command line where it expects two parameters – the PHP version and a Boolean indicating whether to install or remove IonCube. For example, to install (assuming the script is in the current directory):
bash ./77-ioncube-loader.txt 5.6 true
where 77-ioncube-loader.txt is the name of the file you created, 5.6 is the version of PHP and true is the Boolean that indicates to the script that you want to install IonCube.
Valid version numbers for PHP are: 5.6, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 & 7.4. Note the absence of 7.0 and 8.0 from the list!
To remove IconCube:
bash ./77-ioncube-loader.txt 5.6
As you might expect we can’t offer technical support for this script since it wasn’t written by us. But if you run into issues feel free to open a ticket and we can forward your question on to the customer who wrote it – maybe they’ll take the time to respond.
And, if you too have something you would like to contribute to our community, just open a support ticket and let us know about it. We’d love to write up more articles about the customizations our customers are creating.
Automatic Notification Of New Articles
Sign up to get automatic notifications of new articles. This is a different list than our standard list - you only get new articles once a week (usually on Mondays). No other emails will be sent unless you sign up for our general list as well.
Follow us on Twitter! We post a lot of cool things there first. Click the bird below!