Virtual Server Providers is the mechanism we’ve developed to allow us to connect multiple accounts to the same cloud service.
In prior versions of WPCD we could only connect to a single account at any cloud server provider. That works well for most customers. But there are use-cases where you might need to use multiple accounts.
- You have multiple departments or branches in your company, each with their own cloud-service account, sub-account or budget.
- You have customers that want to use their own accounts (for security or because they’ve negotiated better rates than you can provide.)
- You have separate accounts for development, staging and production.
- You have separate accounts in different geographies because of geo-political and privacy considerations.
- You choose to deploy across multiple accounts in order to limit the fall-out if any single account is compromised.
With our Virtual Server Provider feature you can now meet these requirements.
This feature also opens the door for connecting custom servers at providers we do not directly support.
Automatic Notification Of New Articles
Sign up to get automatic notifications of new articles. This is a different list than our standard list - you only get new articles once a week (usually on Mondays). No other emails will be sent unless you sign up for our general list as well.
Follow us on Twitter! We post a lot of cool things there first. To keep up, click the "X" below!