Server Sync: Notes
Here are some things to note about Server Sync / Failover
- Server Sync only syncs the live site data. Existing backup files stored on the server, backup schedules and crons are not synced.
- Server Sync will not sync custom nginx configuration files in the /etc/nginx/userconfigs folder.
- Server Sync will not sync changes to php.ini
- The destination server must allow root access. Thus, AWS servers that uses the “ubuntu” user instead of “root” will not work as a destination or source server; neither will Azure, Alibaba or Google Servers.
- Server Sync is useful for sites that are primarily ‘brochure’ sites. You should not sync servers with e-Commerce sites, especially those with subscriptions. Otherwise you’re likely to end up with duplicate orders and charges for your customers.
More Topics In Server Sync